At the Hickory Metro Convention Center, we pride ourselves on offering exceptional customer service along with Convention planning services. Our team is happy to assist in making your event, meeting, or conference a success in the Hickory Metro.
Below you will find information on the vendors we have worked with, which includes audio-visual companies, event and party rental companies, event decorating services, and pipe and drape companies. Hickory Metro Convention Center also allows you to bring in Vendors of your choice for these services.
Hickory Metro Convention Center does require that you use our exclusive caterer for any food and/or beverage services. For more information on catering, Liazzo's Catering.
At the Hickory Metro Convention Center, we understand that meetings are still a necessity moving forward. Whether you are meeting in-person, virtual, or a mixture of both we now have new AV equipment to help meet your needs while keeping you and your attendees safe. Below you will find a listing of audio-visual inventory offered by HMCC. We have also worked with several outside companies to meet Client needs that go beyond what we offer.
• Our in-house Audio Visual provider has developed creative solutions for integrating real time Virtual Events that enable those who cannot join the on site meeting to stay engaged with your event.
• The Hickory Metro Convention Center can provide a portable audio/video cart specially-built for videoconferencing. The cart allows you to host or join video conferencing meetings easily, whether for an individual leading a presentation or a large group to join a remote meeting.
• The cart includes a Huddly IQ video camera, providing 150-degree wide-angle video and artificial intelligence capabilities to follow your speaker around the room and capture everyone in your group on video. The cart also has an embedded 5-element microphone array to capture sound from around the room.
• A large display screen is provided on the cart to allow for you to manage your videoconference session while also utilizing an external projector and screen to provide your entire group with a view into the meeting.
• The cart is configured for Zoom, Skype, and WebEx sessions but can also be used with any other videoconferencing software platform (Mac platform compatible).
HMCC offers high-speed Internet services throughout the building, including fiber Wi-Fi connection and ethernet, which provides upload/download speed of 100 Mbps with no limit on number of devices.
Electrical Services/Compressed Air
Drops and Hook Ups
The Hickory Metro Convention Center is the exclusive, in-house provider of all electrical services and compressed air. Use the links below to learn more about electrical rules and regulations, then submit your order a minimum of 20 days prior to your event.
Digital Signage & Marquee
Electronic signage placements are available in various locations throughout the facility. These high-tech displays allow Clients the capability to display logo’s, schedules, and other info pertinent to the event.
HMCC’s outdoor marquee displays public info regarding your event and/or welcomes large groups to Hickory.
The Convention & Visitors Bureau can assist you in securing hotel rates from the surrounding area hotels to the Convention Center.
We work directly with the Hickory Police Department to meet the needs of your event. The HPD will provide the presence necessary at your event while remain subtle enough to not intimidate your guests.