Helpful Information and Resources
Below are downloadable files and forms, as well as information regarding Special Amenities, Frequently Asked Questions, and ADA Accessibility.
Below you will find information sheets and forms related to events at the Hickory Metro Convention Center. Please click on the title of the document you need to access a PDF copy.
- Rules & Regulations
- Equipment, Labor, & Material Costs Information Sheet
- Event Information Survey
- Fire Permitting Policies
- Special Operation Use Permit Application
- Liazzo's Catering Menu
- Tax Information & Requirements for Vendors
- Acknowledgment of Tax Requirements
- On-site parking, which is available in our parking deck/ lots
- Visitor info services
- ATM on-site
- A digital marquee off of Interstate 40, displaying event information
- A preferred in-house A/V provider with a complete inventory of equipment and professional technicians
- ADA compliant
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Where are you located?
- A: We are located in Hickory, NC along Interstate 40 between exits 125 & 126. Or check out the map here.
- Q: Can we bring in outside catering?
- A: Simply put, No. We have a contract with one caterer who operates onsite at the convention center. Liazzo's Catering. See their website here.
- Q: Can we bring in outside Audio Visual?
- A: Yes! We offer some A/V onsite but welcome you to bring your own or hire a company that you would like to work with. No fee is charged to bring in outside A/V.
- Q: Are you connected to a hotel property?
- A: No we are not physically connected to a hotel property but we do share a parking lot with two hotel properties and are within less than a block from a total of six hotel properties.
- Q: Is the Convention Center Pet friendly?
- A: While we do love our furry friends we do not allow outside pets into the building unless they are a service animal/pet or the event in question is animal-related. (Dog shows, bird shows, etc.)
- Q: Are firearms allowed onsite?
- A: No. As a public facility loaded, concealed, or unconcealed guns are not allowed on property unless there is a show related to firearms on site. (Unloaded firearms are allowed onsite during Gun & Knife shows)
- Q: Do you allow smoking on the Convention Center campus?
- A: Yes we do, but only in designated smoking areas.
Information for Patrons with Disabilities
The Hickory Convention Center is committed to making your visit enjoyable. At any time during your visit, please feel free to ask for assistance or guidance from our event staff.
Parking for guests with disabilities is available, but they must display proper state identification.
Drop off / Pick up
Drivers may drop off and pick up passengers with mobility issues at the front entrance of the building.
Accessible and family restrooms are available throughout the center.
First Aid / Emergency Situations
An AED is available in the Convention Center. If you need first aid assistance, please contact the nearest staff member or security guard. In the event of an emergency, please follow the directions of emergency personnel and staff.