The State of North Carolina & Governor Roy Cooper just released the State's Travel & Tourism Numbers for 2018, read below to see how Hickory did!
It was another fantastic year in the Hickory Metro for Visitor Economic Impact with numbers showing that Catawba County continues to rank 16 out of 100 counties in North Carolina. What does that mean? Visitors spent over $293.05 Million in the Hickory area in one year!! That is a 5.69% increase from 2017!
- Catawba County Tourism Impact 2018 Highlights:
- 2,490 people are directly employed in travel & tourism industry in Catawba County
- $56.45 million in total payroll generated by the tourism industry in Catawba County
- $16.04 million in state tax revenue generated in Catawba County through state sales tax, and taxes on personal and corporate income
- $8.75 million in local taxes generated from sales and property tax revenue from travel-generated and travel-supported businesses.
- $156.35 saved by Catawba County taxpayers due to travel and tourism revenue generated by visitors.
- Catawba County ranks 16th out of North Carolina’s 100 counties in visitor expenditures in 2018.
For more information on the 2018 year end numbers click here, where we showcase more economic impact numbers, social media data and more.
Click here for the latest press release. Click here for the latest Annual Report
#TourismWorks #myhky #VisitHickoryMetro #MyCatawbaCounty