The Heritage Museum, located in the Historic Burke County Courthouse, has a permanent exhibit on the history of the Historic Courthouse and a gallery featuring changing exhibits on various aspects of Burke County history. The permanent exhibit is displayed in a room that is a representation of an attorney’s office around the turn of the twentieth century. The furniture and related items were donated by the family and friends of the late Senator Sam J. Ervin, Jr. This exhibit includes information about the North Carolina Supreme Court Justices who held summer sessions of the Supreme Court in the Courthouse from 1847 to 1862 and who, after 154 years returned in 2016 and 2018 to hold sessions.
The Courthouse makes a wonderful historic venue for weddings, events, lectures, performances and more. Contact us for details on rentals, deposits, and scheduling. Members of Historic Burke Foundation are eligible for a discount!