The 3-day Festival is anchored by academic institutions Catawba Valley Community College and Lenoir-Rhyne University who serve as vanguards of the arts for the Catawba Valley. The Festival will include:
• Choral and musical performances from CVCC, LRU and local musicians, including the launch of MelvinFest, a commemorative concert honoring Melvin Caldwell who passionately promoted local music during his life.
• Open mic sessions for songwriters, poets, playwrights, and authors, including a Writers Workshop featuring poet Keith Flynn, founder and Managing Editor of The Asheville Poetry Review.
• Visual arts exhibits, including photography, sculpture, ceramics, film, painting and other compositional artwork.
• Commercial, graphic arts and industrial design portfolio showcases.
• Theatrical performances, vignettes and dance from area performance stages and troupes.
• Sensory experiences from area culinary and beverage production industry and trades.
The mission of The Catawba Valley Festival of the Arts is to celebrate our distinctive, diverse, creative voices as we tell a bigger story that speaks to the magic of the Catawba Valley. The evolving schedule is posted at: https://cv-fa.org/schedule.html. Most events will be held outdoors.