Updated Cleaning Procedures
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic and the ongoing work communities and businesses are putting in to maintain safe social distances and over and above levels of cleanliness - It is our goal that we continue to maintain the level of cleanliness that you have come to expect. While offering even more ways to make you feel comfortable and safe while meeting, networking and visiting at the Hickory Metro Convention Center. At this time we have put together the following steps to help keep everyone safe.
The Hickory Metro Convention Center has always taken care when it comes to the cleanliness of our facility and the care of our customers. However, we want you to know that we are taking extra steps to ensure our facility is clean and safe and we ask that our customers help maintain a clean and safe facility for all.
Doing Our Part:
• HMCC cleaning crews have increased cleaning frequency with special attention provided to high-touch areas (door handles, handrails, etc.).
• Color coordinated microfiber cloths used with EPA-approved COVID-19 disinfectant cleaning solutions to eliminate cross contamination in high-touch areas with regular sanitation and washing of cloths.
• Enhanced air handling filtration system. HMCC air filters are changed twice a year on HVAC units and there are fresh air intake units for all spaces to bring in at least 15% outside air or more depending on outside temperature and humidity.
• Hand sanitizer stations have been installed strategically throughout the building in high traffic areas with cleaning crews monitoring and refilling as needed on event dates. Additional mobile units are dedicated for Food & Beverage service needs.
• The Convention Center has migrated to linen-less tables for classroom sets.
• CDC “Stop the Spread of Germs” and “Proper Hand Washing” posters in both English and Spanish have been placed in all restrooms and on digital signage.
• Temperature checks will be conducted for the staff before the workday begins and are recommended for event attendees.
• Indoor/outdoor spaces will be used as much as possible.
• Implementation of larger aisle ways and signage for one-way only aisles in trade show and appointment areas to help manage traffic.
• The event management team is creating custom diagrams based on event type, licensed space and number of attendees to provide more safe social distance between attendees.
• Visual signage/ door clings will be used throughout the building to ensure proper flow and social distancing.
What We Can Do Together:
We are encouraging our staff to adhere to the following protocols, while providing and requiring face masks for all employees. We appreciate your partnership in asking your attendees to follow these guidelines as well:
• Wash hands often or use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
• Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth
• Cover mouth and nose with a cloth face cover or mask.
• Cover coughs and sneezes.
• Stay home if they are sick.