Valentine's Day ideas for all ages!
It's that time of year! When shopping for someone special, friends, Gal-intines, kids or whoever crosses your mind for this year's Day of Love - be sure to shop locally in the Hickory Metro area! Crafting the perfect experience for you and your loved ones is what our artisans hope to do and we are compiling some ideas to help you with your Valentine's Day shopping!
These are just a small portion of the wonderful local restaurants and shops! Be sure to check them out for your Valentine's Day shopping needs.
Looking for "Date Night" ideas? Better get those reservations in fast, if you haven't already!
Here are some ideas to check out:
- Vintage House - Located in a unique home in Downtown Hickory - small and quant with candlelight and a great wine selection. This is definitely a meal to impress that special someone
- Boca - Located in the renovated Moretz Mill. This Mediterranian and Moroccan flavored restaurant will impress with shareable flavorful menu options and a unique beverage menu.
- Cafe Rule & Wine Bar - From the Broccoli Baffle appetizer to the dessert - every part of your experience at Cafe Rule & Wine Bar will be "Rule Breaking" - trust us!
- DaVinci's - A Hickory Staple for Italian food. Grab a great glass of red wine and we won't judge if you and your sweetheart decide to eat your pasta "Lady & the Tramp style" - you do you, it's Valentine's Day!
- Fourk -offering a Dinner for Two option - $99 per couple - includes a 3-course meal for each person with an option to add a fresh flower vase at your table for you to take home after dinner. How Romantic!
- Duke's Restaurant - Plan to have dinner at Duke's and come back on Saturday, February 15 for dancing, music and more!
- Standard Oyster Company - Chef Samuel is whipping up a special seafood 3-course prix fixe to enjoy while listening to live music provided by Tom Del Greco & Tony Eltora
- Charolais - located off 4th street and highway 70 - this is Hickory's oldest steakhouse and you won't be disappointed! Fresh Salad Bar and rolling steak cart... did we mention they have a large selection of wine in their wine cellar? So good!
- Highland Avenue -located in the top floor of Hollar Mill - Authentic experiences in a refurbished hosiery mill with a tasty Appalachian style menu.
"Pamper Her or Him" ideas:
- Artisan Soapery - homemade and natural skin care, soaps, bath bombs and more!
- Natural Olive - looking to cook him or her dinner for a romantic night in? Get your olive oil, balsamic, seasonings and more at this unique store. Locations in Downtown Hickory and also in Morganton.
- Rock Barn Country Club & Spa Cupid’s Crush Valentine’s Package- Wow him or her with a trip to the recently renovated Spa at Rock Barn Country Club. New added waterfalls, Salt Room, and if you listen closely (under water) you will hear relaxing tunes playing while you relax in the salt water pool.
- Wine Shoppe - A nice bottle of Rosé maybe - hey, Rosé all day, we won't judge!
- Hops & Grapes - Champagne anyone? Or maybe he enjoys a nice small batch IPA or stout?
- Don’t forget the flowers!- Here are some florists in Hickory Metro:
- Need some creative way to give him or her chocolates?
- Bloombaes - bouquet of flowers not her thing? That's okay, how about a bouquet of chocolate instead...located inside the Hollar Mill.
- Mae's Bakery - Sweet treats handmade with love. Located at 16 S Main Ave. Maiden, NC 28650